Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Unusual Quilt Block Pattern and Quilt Pattern

I came across this quilt block pattern and I have not seen it before. I thought that I would share it with you. I have not made this one yet but I think that the best way to approach it is with applique. It is set on a solid background block which is 10 by 10 inches the pattern says but I would cut it at 10.5 x 10.5 if you plan on adding more squares to it.


The pdf pattern is here


Also, here is another unusual block and I have been playing with EQ7 so it is pictured in a quilt here


The pattern for it is here

The weather here is getting much colder now. Surprise eh? in Saskatchewan lol. The ground today is dusted with white and temp is -5 so I guess that it is not too bad for this time of the year. I find that when winter starts rolling around, I get a round of depression. I have never liked the snow, I am a warm weather person. I like the sun beating down on me and being able to get around seeing new places and things. 
Speaking of new things... I joined a quilting guild in Melville. So I have not been to their meetings yet but I will be going next Tuesday to see what it is all about. There seems to be quite a few ladies involved in it and looks like it will be a lot of fun. I am getting in close to the end of the years activities. They started in April and end in December so I will not get much time in this year but it will give me an idea of what a quild is like. I have always quilted alone.

I have also been working on getting some blocks ready for a spring quilt. I will be posting these ones soon. I will post one every 2 weeks until they are all posted up. Then we can have a nice quilt for the coming of spring. Here is a picture of it.


I do not have a layout yet so am busy working on that in eq7. I will post them in pdf files for downloading. I think it will be part patchwork and part applique. I should have the first one ready for the end of November so check back. I will be altering the colors a bit. 
I have made some more progress on my love entwined but still way behind from the others in the group. I added the embroidered flowers and now I have gotten to 4 centered pieces as you can see here so I added some more color and realized that some of my small star flowers were set too close, so I have to take them off and move them over a bit. Also have to add all those little circles on the edges of the white parts with blue. I thought I might use the really dark burgundy color for those. 


Hopefully you have a great day and I am going to quilt now ......